Ice cream sandwiches are such a nostalgic treat that I don’t eat enough of. They combine arguably the best desserts out there, cookies and ice cream. However, unlike my childhood ones, these are made without flour, cane sugar, and dairy.
I recommend making the cookies a day before and putting them in the freezer so that they are able to hold the ice cream better.
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (i used chunky but creamy works nicely too)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 3/4 c coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- dark chocolate chips (optional but highly suggested)
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Combine all your wet ingredients (flax egg, peanut butter, and vanilla extract) into a bowl, then add the dry ones (coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda)
- Grab an ice cream scoop (a foreshadow) or a large spoon and roll the dough into balls and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes
Freeze the cookies overnight…..
The next day, place your favorite ice cream in between these babies and add some dark chocolate chips around the sides!
NOM NOM NOM